Saturday, March 19, 2011

ON “LEAVINGS” AND “STAYINGS”


John Mayer - All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye


Two days ago, KEVIN bid farewell and said goodbye to SITEL. He will be moving on to Convergys together with the other PayPal peeps. The good thing about this is that Kevin never had a hard time leaving the company and the best thing about this is they were offered salaries way higher than what we are getting from SITEL. So, nobody can really blame him from leaving. And nobody can really STOP him from leaving. It’s plainly a career move.


The thing about leaving is the risk of entering a new environment that you may not be prepared for. Something that can shock you totally, catch you off-guarded and make you think later on that the risk that you have taken is not really worth it. But that’s just the dark side of it.  Another thing about leaving is the sacrifice. You sacrifice your friends, the relationships that have been built stronger through time and the reputation that you have already invested on. The latter is the hardest thing to let go. In most cases, people don’t leave because they are too scared in losing on what has been started. I’m one of these people.

I lot of my closest friends in SITEL already left. The question they ask me is, “WHY ARE YOU STAYING?”

My basic answer is that I’m too lazy to move out and move to another company. I already have a COMFORT ZONE in SITEL and I’m afraid to leave that COMFORT ZONE. And like what I said, I’m scared – what if I won’t be as successful as I was when I was in SITEL (although I know how uberly awesome I am – the inevitable may still happen)? And I still have friends. My colleagues, my bosses, my agents who are an integral part of my SITEL life.
So, no matter how things turn out super shitty, I think that my reasons for staying would still supersede my impatience and dissatisfaction towards the management and the company as a whole.

I’M A BB GIRL.

On to a different topic, I bought myself a BlackBerry. It’s one of those impulsive-spur-of-the-moment thingies. I wanted to return it after a day but as Farrah said, I deserve it and I should really give a gift for myself, which made me realize – I’ve never bought something expensive for myself for a very long time.

The annoying though is that until now, I still can’t browse facebook and damn globe still won’t let me update my plan to the newer ones when I’m 3 months to the end of my contract.

Another annoying thing is that I have been using it for the past 5 days and I still text like an 85 year old man.

QUITTING

Like leaving, I’m not really fond of quitting. When I was a kid, playing with the neighborhood kids, I rarely say “Ayawan na!” – I would keep on playing, running, competing – whatever we’re doing – unti I win.

Same goes up to this point. I would never quit on something just because I’m pissed off. Me being pissed, make me drive stronger and make my motivations far more intense.

AMERICAN IDOL

I am still standing to my opinion that the AI management are so crazy and so out of their mind in letting JLO and STEVEN TYLER stay as judges. Nothing useful comes out of their mouths. I’m still not impressed.

The contestants are also not that as exciting to watch as compared to the previous seasons.

And lastly, is Jacob Lusk gay? He is gayer than Elton John and Clay Aiken put together.


Okay. Stefano Langone is HOT and that’s just it.


4 comments:

citybuoy said...

i think i see where this is coming from. a lot of my closest friends have left eper but i'm still here. it's like i'm really comfortable na, i have a home, i have roots. why should i go anywhere?

or laziness. it could be that too.

Anonymous said...

true. move on and make best. try not to screw things in the new enviroment. u messed up big time here in sitel. tsk tsk.

bragging is one thing but being able to bring everyone at par with whatever it is your bragginb about is another thing.

remember. if your boss is an a-hole. ur bound to be one kevin.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything. However think about if you added some great graphics or video
clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this website could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its
niche. Terrific blog!
My website > septic high river

Anonymous said...

成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天