Sunday, December 21, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!”

I’m writing from Subic because I’m spending the holidays with my family in advance (as if there’s something to celebrate). Last week, we just received an update from our clients that we will have minimial staffing for the holidays (night of the 24th and 31st) and by minimal staffing they meant everybody will have to come to work on both days. Yup! That’s one of the downside of working in a call center for those cheerful people who wants to celebrate the holidays with their loved ones and it is one of the advantages for those selfish, independent, christmas-loathing ones (like me). It gives me an excuse not to celebrate and participate with the christmas brou-haha.

One thing I really hate about the holidays is the exruciating traffic. I really don’t understand this, I mean it’s up to a point of irritation that I never intended to go anywhere outside the 500 meter radius from my place. I guess the mere travel from Libis to Makati can take up to two hours. It’s really irritating. I really have to buy a jet.

+

“WIDE SCREEN, NARROW WALLET”

No gift for everyone from me … Because I spent my holiday money to buy a monitor and a CPU. October, I bought a 23-inch Sharp TV Set and then, came November, I had the itch to buy a WIDESCREEN LCD monitor. So, I ended up buying a 22-inch AOC LCD. I originally intended to buy the SAMSUNG LCD but damn its expensive, it’s like 3K more expensive than the AOC. So, I settled with what the detergent commercial said, “sing-ganda pero di sing-mahal”. With a monitor, of course, its pretty much useless, so I have to have a CPU. So I had my brother assemble a CPU for me. Wit a 15K budget, he came up with an ALL-DELL CPU, 4 GIG memory, 180G hard drive, with a CORE 2DUO processor. Sleek aint it?

My next goal is to buy a TV tuner and my fear is that after I acquired a TV Tuner, what the hell am I going to do with my 2-month old TV SET?

+
“TO PARTY OR NOT TO PARTY”

Anyway, speaking about “sing-ganda pero di sing-mahal”, for the past weeks, I have been looking for a venue for our office’s christmas party. It’s kinda dreadful because it’s kinda late to look for venue at this point and also because of the fact that we don’t have that much of a budget as compared to our previous parties.

Currently, we’re looking at three different places (thanks to JenTong for recommending as well). One in eastwood, one in timog, and one in xavierville. But we still haven’t decided on what to book. We are still looking on how to really maximize our puny budget. Anyway, I also suggested that we just use the budget to buy plenty of food for everyone who’s working on XMAS and NEWYEAR’s eve.

+
“I HEART SIAM”



Finally, I already saw the “Love of Siam”. It has been months since my dear friend KIARA, told me to watch the movie. Last weekend, I saw it through “crunchyroll.com”. For starters, it’s a coming-of-age gay Thai movie about these two teenage boys who grew up together. Got separated and saw each other again after a couple of years. It’s touching to the point of I’m screaming my lungs out because of the “super-kilig” scenes. But generally, it revolves about the topic of love. The sub-plots are are as strong and as provocative as the general theme of the movie. It depicts the nature of love in various forms, restricted love, love of a wife to a hopeless husband, love of a father to a lost daughter, love of two friends, obsession, puppy love, love of a stranger to a family that treated her like their own, etc .

I have to add that the lead teenage actors are super mega cute as well. I really want to recommend this movie especially to those single gay men (and not only to gay men ‘coz I think a lot of people can relate to this movie) like me who really don’t have the time and can’t affors serious relationships. It’s one thing that can make you feel in love especially at this lonely and sad time that we call the “holidays”.

+
“SARAH”

I just noticed earlier while watchig ASAP how “baduy” Sarah Geronimo is. I have nothing against her, I like her voice and her singing but it’s really sad coz I think that she does not have a personal style. Moreover, doesn’t she have a stylist? I saw her “Déjà vu” segment, yeah, she can dance well, but what in world is she wearing? It’s like an 80s teacher in hell gone mad or something. And she also wore this retro-stained-glassed-printed gown while singing the Baler theme. It’s not flattering. Also, is just me or Charice really sounds like Sarah Geronimo?

+
“I HEART MARION”



I heart MARION from Pinoy Fear Factor. I want to marry him. Is he gay? I honestly don’t know but I don’t give a freaking care. I want him to be the father of my babies (well it’s my alternative, if me and H won’t work out) .

+

“ON A HIGH with capital H”

Speaking of H. He made my Friday very very happy. Hehehehe. That’s all I can say. (Suddenly, I felt like a high school girl writing about her crush.) Because of that I really hate him for making me feel like this. Arrrrggggh. I come to think of it, why is it that we always crave for something/someone that we know we can’t have? Well, I’m an optimistic person, I believe that everything is possible. But the possibility of me and H is like .000000001 to 1,000,000,000.

No comments: